Taking advantage of the summer strawberry season, this week’s cocktail makes use of black currant liqueur and fresh fruit to create a refreshing bourbon drink that tastes like a real treat.
The Strawberry Hills cocktail is based on the mint julep so you’ll find that it’s bold, minty and spirit forward, while tasting like a perfect summer day and fruity candy. What more can you ask for?
- 1.5 oz Bourbon
- 0.5 oz Creme de cassis (black currant liqueur)
- 3 Strawberries
- 6 Mint leaves
- Shaved ice (blend some icecubes)
- Muddle mint, strawberries, bourbon and cassis in a stainless shaker very well
- Add ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds
- Add shaved ice to glass
- Single strain mixture into glass
- Garnish with straw, mint leaf and strawberry
Make often and enjoy!