While I was living in Costa Rica, I became obsessed with Bioland’s organic cocoa coconut cookies. Healthy, preservative-free, organic cookies that tasted like a party in my mouth. I love these morsels of goodness so much, every time I come back from Costa I pack my carry-on filled with cocoa baggies.
A few weeks ago I ate my last bag and needless to say, my heart shed a few tears. Then, I found a 5-ingredient Coconut cocoa cookies recipe. The only adjective I can think of that will do this recipe justice is: AMAZING.
- 2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup cocao powder
- ½ cup unpasteurized honey (vegan option: 1/2 cup of Maple Syrup)
- 2 eggs (vegan option: 2 tablespoons of finely ground flax or chia seeds + 6 tablespoons of water)
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Roll the mixture into bite sized balls then place them onto a baking sheet and flatten them down
- Bake for 15 minutes
- If you go with the vegan option, however you place the cookies on the baking sheet is how they will turn out (i.e they won’t expand)
- I highly recommend the vegan option; they have a fudge-like consistency
- When they come out of the oven, let the cool for about 5 minute before transferring them to a wire rack