Salmon Tartare. A compilation of healthy, fresh and bomb-tastic ingredients to whip up a quick dinner bowl. Jam packed with Asian-infused flavors, this will quickly become a staple in your recipe book.
- 1 8 oz Salmon filet
- 1 peeled and de-seeded cucumber
- 1 tbsp. of diced chives
- 1 tbsp. of minced shallot (or red onion if you don’t want to buy a whole bag of shallots)
- 1 tsp minced jalapeno (optional)
- 3/4 tsp of peeled and minced organic ginger
- 1 Avocado pitted and cubed
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 Package of Nori
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. of honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. of minced garlic
- Juice from half of a freshly squeezed lemon
- Freeze salmon for about 20 minutes in a freezer. This makes it easier to cut the salmon into cubes.
- While salmon is freezing, whisk together the 5 ingredients to make the sauce. Set it aside.
- Remove the salmon from the freezer and cut it into cubes. Place it into a bowl and add in the remaining 6 ingredients.
- Pour sauce over the mixture and gently toss.
- To serve: Place the cooked quinoa in bowls and top with the Salmon Tartare. Right before serving, gently crush a few sheets of nori on top!