When someone tells you about a British Boy Band concert happening in Bangkok, Thailand, while you happen to be there…you go. Take That’s 20 year reunion concert made a stop in Bangkok, with lots of eagerly awaiting Thai fans. I joined #SinghaExperience for a night on the town with hits, lights, and lots of selfie opportunities. I happen to be a fan of Asian beers, so an added bonus to see Singha poured at the concert.
The way to see into a culture is to have experiences – from the excitement in the general admissions area, to the diverse crowd that attended the event, I was floored to see how engaged and involved the audience was. I’ve always had a love for the 90’s, and Gary Barlow, Mark Owen and Howard Donald put on a show that night. March 3rd, 2016 was a night to remember at the IMPACT Centre, Bangkok. Expats, locals, tourists alike – Take That belted it out to a floor full of fans, complete with an A/V show to impress anyone.
Keys to concert success:
- Pack Light (I only carried a money belt and a bottle of water for the car ride, alongside my cell phone of course) Don’t forget to read the rules too – in this case, no official / dslr / large cameras were allowed.
- Bring a portable charger that you and your friends can share (if possible). My phone tendencies get overactive, and it’s important to stay juiced!
- Get into it – standing, dancing, swaying, whatever you feel! Don’t spend the whole time on your phone, you’ll miss what’s right in front of you.
- Eat before, you’ll need the energy. If it happens to be a big bowl of spaghetti…power to you.
- Make Frenz – got to tag along with Kanika of A Dose of Life and Erick of Minority Nomad.
- Figure out your ride situation – are you carpooling? VIP life for us = getting picked up in a van and shuttled over to the IMPACT Muang Thong Thani Arena made the commute effortless.